Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cookies for Santa!

So this year I decided it would be fun to have Kaley make some cookies for Santa now that she is old enough to help.  Since she is allergic to eggs, making cookies doesn't really happen that often, but I found a recipe for "Melt in Your Mouth Butter Cookies"(with no eggs) and they turned out to be quite good.  I wasn't sure if she would like making cookies or that she would stay with it the whole time, but it turned out that she LOVED it!!! Much more than I thought she would and she was so excited the whole time!  Every couple of minutes she would go over to the oven and ask if they were done.  This is something that we may have to start doing every year.  

This is the best part!!!  YUM!

She loved frosting the cookies and she was actually pretty good at it for being two years old.

Having fun!

This was the finished product.  (I helped frost some too.)

And of course you've got to see how they turned out!  :-)


2 comments:

Kim Gishi said...

Fun! I like how her hair changes halfway through the pictures :) I think she's good at frosting because of all her hand-eye coordination practice with the Wii....

A Little R and R said...

Yeah. We had to get ready for the Christmas Eve parties so I put her hair in curlers while the cookies were baking.
See-the Wii is not only fun, but helps with important things like that. :-)